Monday, July 1, 2013

New Kid In School

I could still remember the first day our son went to school. I know that he was excited but nervous at the same time because of the new environment that he would have to face. When we first enter his room he whispered to me, "Mom, don't let go of my hand." I was smiling while assuring him that I won't leave his side. His teacher has a warm and friendly smile, she had a happy face ready to welcome her super hyper students and the ever supportive parents as well. Some of the kids are already familiar with the classroom setting because they were able to attend daycare before they were enrolled for nursery. Unlike my son, who never had experience going to school and attending classes together with different individuals. It was hard during the first week because he is still on the familiarization stage.

I recall giving advices to him so that he would be encourage to go to school everyday. I told him that their classroom would be his temporary home and he should treat his teacher just like he treats me. I can sense that he got a bit confused but somehow he could comprehend. Then all of a sudden, he asked me, " Mom, if our classroom is our temporary home then can I sleep there? I answered back sincerely, Yes, you can as long as your teacher or should I say your second mom permits it. Then he nods at me as an indication that he understands it.



After a month of going back and forth to school, he was now more at ease with his teacher and classmates. I can finally leave him under his teachers supervision. I also noticed that their classroom is more quiet compared to the previous month. The students are more behave and attentive and can now follow their teachers instruction. The box where the toys are placed are now more tidy, and the real plants and flowers that used to be displayed on their teachers desk and hanging on the windows are replaced with the indoor artificial flowers and vines due to some students who were allergic to the real plants. It's not that bad though, looking at far those artificial plants looked real. Thank God that everything went into their proper places now, and all of the students are easier to deal with and respects their teachers just like their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment