Friday, July 5, 2013

A Life Changing Event

July 25, 2011 is a date that I would never forget, that is the day my son got admitted to the hospital for the very first time. I could still recall how I cried in front of the doctor that day when he said that Janzen had Pneumonia and needs to be admitted right away. The doctor said that I should not panic because Pneumonia can be cured and it's a good thing that he was brought there immediately because something bad might have happened if we were late. I felt so bad as a mom because I was thinking that I failed on protecting him, a lot of things were running on my mind, I felt that everything was all my fault. Good thing that my mother-in-law was there to help us. Most of the time, she looks after Janzen because my husband and I were also at work. He was admitted at one of the semi private rooms of the hospital because all of the private rooms were already occupied. 


There are three bed in the room separated by a thin wall with indoor artificial reeds in the middle for a more interesting depth in the hospital's room decoration. Since they can not use real plants or flowers in every room of the hospital cause some patients were allergic to it, they had to think of a way to put greens and make the room more lively especially for the kids who needs to see colorful things for them to recover the soonest. We stayed at the hospital for three days and I felt that my son was being tortured the more he stays there. I hate to see him getting inconveniences because he had dextrose on his right hand and that limits his movement because of the needle that is inserted on his veins. It was so hard fo me to see him going through all of that at his very young age, but I'm still thankful to God that he never left our side all this time. 


Now, my son is already turning 3 yrs old and he does not remember a thing about the day when he was hospitalized. I am grateful because after that incident it made me realized that my son is more important than the money we would earn in manila. A month had passed after his hospital incident and my husband and I decided to go back to Iloilo for good to make sure that our son gets all the love that he deserves from us, his parents. We were very happy we made that decision because now our son grew up knowing who his real parents were instead of his grandparents. And I do not want my son to experience the life I had when I was young because I grew up receiving lots of love and attention coming from my grandparents and not from my mom and dad. I would make sure that would never happen to my son.

 



 - Co Author, Marz Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment