Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Happy Sunday!


On my previous blog, I talked about our night out with my friends in Manila. Today, this blog is about our movie date experience in Eastwood. It was all raining that Sunday afternoon when Marj pick us up at Mitch's place. We decided to first hear the mass then eat some dinner and go watch Wolverine. Before going to church, we went to pick up Pia and Jayce at Filinvest Subdivision. When we finally arrive at Padre Pio Church in Libis, the mass is almost over. While waiting for the next mass to start, we lighted some candles and prayed wholeheartedly. All the while we thought that the mass would start immediately right after the of the mass ended. but, that was not the case. The next mass would start an hour later. Since, we are all hungry and can no longer wait for another hour because the movie that we will be seeing will start at 7.50 pm so we don't have time to spare at all. We left the church, and head directly to Eastwood.


We bought some tickets first, before we ate dinner to reserve our seats. We ate at Bon Chon, a chicken house that originated from South Korea last 2002 and made it's waves in the global arena last 2007 as it entered the US Market. Since it is my first time eating at that type of restaurant, I let Mitch ordered food on my behalf because I'm not sure what to eat as well. She ordered a 2pcs chicken combo meal and a bowl of chapchae. Unlike other chicken restaurant or fast food chain, Bon Chon chickens are super crispy outside due to the glazed that covers it's skins yet light and not greasy inside. That is the great difference that I saw compared to other restaurants serving chicken as their main course. Chapchae on the other hand was super delicious because it uses potato noodles, it is sweet and very nutritious too. The store looks very attractive as well because of the ceiling and walls lights as well as the outdoor artificial sword fern that is located near the doorway.


We went to watch the movie and I really enjoyed the whole movie experience. I could rate Wolverine as 8 out of 10 because I love the story as well as the fighting scenes and the story was not boring. I'm looking forward to the next movie, I got really excited seeing Magneto and Professor X together as a team and not as enemies. I went home directly after watching the movie and really felt contented by how I spent my weekend in Manila. I was thankful to Mitch who prepared our itinerary for that day and looking forward to my next vacation because she promised that we will visit either Tagaytay or Baguio or even both.

No comments:

Post a Comment