Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Thinking Out Of the Box

 

Recycling waste and other materials is usually being ignored by most household. The reason behind maybe it's because it will take a lot of effort and time. But recycling is actually one way of saving our environment in having too much wastage. At home, we would usually find things and other materials to be recycled rather than to be thrown away. I could still recall the first time that I was able to recycle a material. It was a one fine Saturday morning, while I was sipping a cup of coffee in our patio. I was thinking of other things to do after maintaining the garden. So I went to the basement to check stuffs that we do not use anymore. I wanted to make something out of any used or old materials that we have. Then I saw these old watering can that we hid a couple of months ago because we already installed a watering system in the garden.


Then, I immediately took it out and had the idea to make it as a planter. I checked videos and other blogs to help me in making my first ever watering can turned into a planter.  After finishing with the cutting and adding decors to the watering can, I first thought of putting a natural floral arrangement. but, I wanted to display my work indoors, so I used the country delight orange peony arrangement which I bought at a silk flower shop. The flower arrangement is composed of peony and ranunculus. It is a great mix of pink, white and orange flowers, making it perfect for any occasion or season. So, I could definitely use these flower arrangement all year long without any worries. I am very happy on how my work has turned out to be. Both my husband and son were very proud of what I did. So, we have decided as a family to recycle waste and other materials instead of just throwing them out.


Always remember that we have the freedom to choose whether we prefer to save and recycle or simply throw and ignore stuffs that we do not need anymore. But also try to think about the after effects of our actions. Let us try to make something out of our waste materials. In the past, waste was viewed as disposable, but today, it is increasingly recognized as a resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment