Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Redecorating Our Room For The New Baby

 

My husband and I planned to redecorate our room for the coming of the new baby. Things will be a bit different this time since there would be 3 of us sharing the same room. We have to change the decorations, starting from the ceiling up to the walls and the floors. We have to make sure that our baby will be safe and secure all the time. The birth of our second child is only a few months away, and when that time comes I know that I will no longer have time to do other things because my focus will be on our new baby. For feeding convenience instead of putting our new born baby on a different room. Waking up in the middle of the night, and checking her from time to time will not be an issue or a problem anymore, since she will be staying by my side.


We were both very excited in redecorating our room. I wanted it to look very cute with a touch of pink, but  I must also put in mind that safety is our number one priority and things should be organized in a way that is convenient for us also. I got an advice from a fellow mommy and a good friend of mine as well that we should not overcrowd the room with baby stuff. We can start with the basics like adding a crib, changing the table, dresser, rocking chair, along with the bedding and other furniture as well. Adding floral arrangement could be great too. I was thinking of getting fresh floral arrangements for the coming of the new baby. But I chose to get the silk flowers instead. I bought the peony con amour arrangement which is on sale at my favorite silk floral shop. Unlike the natural plants, these artificial peony con amour arrangement will not emit fumes that might be dangerous to our new baby's health.


Always keep in mind that the best decor is when the objects that surround your child have meaning. Also, try to invest on stuff that can change with your child. Most of the things will be used for a very short time, so we must also save our money for the things that will last longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment