Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Uses of Aloe Vera Plant

 

One of the many plants that I have known with many uses is the Aloe Vera. It has a stemless or very short -stemmed succulent plant spreading by offset. This type of plant will always be present in every garden of any household because of it's many uses. I used to hate watering them when I was a kid, because it took up my time for playing with my friends every morning and as well as in the afternoon. Now, I have come to realize that my grandmother is right, we should take care of the plants that we have in our garden because they may be very useful to us especially the medicinal plants. They can be a home remedy for many accidents, like cuts, burns, and bruises as well as good for the hair and skin treatment. It also has many health benefits because it is rich in vitamins and minerals and it also supports digestion and detoxification and many more. 


Having my own family now, I want to pass on that knowledge regarding this very helpful plant. together with some of the medicinal plants, we planted the Aloe Vera at our backyard, so in cases of emergencies we could use them. I wanted to bring some of the Aloe Vera at the office, but my office mates do not like the smell of it. I explained to them that the plant is just for display as a decor to my desk. But then they still oppose it. I was thinking of bringing some Bonsai instead of the Aloe Vera to the office, but one day, to my surprise, I saw a 22" Soft Touch Aloe Bush beside my table. They have bought an indoor artificial plant instead, in that way our office won't be so smelly because of the real Aloe Vera plant. 


I was very pleased with the gift that they had bought me, although it's not the real one, at least, it doesn't look artificial. It is incredibly lifelike plus it's maintenance free. It really gave a different look to my desk, seeing the plant made our working environment into a more comfortable and happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment