Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Remembering Dad On Their Special Day

 

Remembering and honoring our Fathers should be done not only once a year. But instead, we should do it everyday through our prayers. For those who still have their fathers by their side, always be thankful and say you love him everyday because you never know until when you will have the chance to tell them you love them. My dad passed away 3 years ago but, he still lives here in my heart and I know that he is with our Creator now. For the past 3 years, we would always celebrate Father's day at the cemetery, unlike those other families who goes to fancy restaurants and treat their Dads for a nice lunch or dinner. I thought at first that it was kind of odd, but I think it was more meaningful and there are also other families who visits the grave of their parted fathers or husbands.


We brought food and drinks, as well as flowers for my dad. I thought of buying fresh flowers but ended up buying both the fresh and artificial flower arrangements. The fresh flowers would definitely wither and die after a day or two but those silk flower arrangements would stay as it is even until the next Father's day celebration. I bought two sets of rose delight urn with hydrangea accents and put them as an added decoration to my Father's grave. We prayed and enjoyed the food and drinks that we brought while listening to my Father's favorite music. Reminiscing some of the happy and sad times when dad was still alive and we went home at sunset.


I know that Dad is at a happy and peaceful place now and he is watching and praying over me too. The rose delight urn that we brought would remind my Dad that he will always be remembered and that he would always live in our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment