Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Fun At The Park


Strolling at the park is one of my favorite bonding time with my son. We would walk from home going to the park and mostly spend the rest of the afternoon at the children's playground area. It was not really an everyday routine because he sometimes sleeps in the afternoon and wakes up when it's almost sunset, so we go there if we do have like 2 to 3 hours to spend. It was the same park where I used to play with my cousins when I was a kid around 5 or 6 years old. Everything seemed so big way back then, but now these playground facilities had shrink or maybe because I got bigger and older. Looking back, I could still remember how we used to laugh at each other and cry if we fell on the ground.


But the park today is far way better compared to our time, especially the children's playground. They have added decorations like hanging baskets with artificial plants on every post and lighting fixtures everywhere, as well as new playground equipments which is much safer and the materials that were chosen are far way expensive and lasts longer compared to our time. That is the reason why even at my age I still love to play around and sometimes do crazy stuff at the park with my little boy. It such a stress reliever seeing a lot of kids running around and laughing, it feels like you also want to be a kid, knowing that kids don't carry any burdens and problems around their shoulders. They are innocent and carefree, I think every adult I know wants to go back to being little and stubborn again.


If only we could turn back time, but in life there is no rewind button, nor a play and forward because I believe that everything happens for a reason what we could do is just to be thankful for every waking moment of our life. And also try not to commit the same mistakes that you did in the past to be a better person in the future. Always remember to be a good example not only to your kids but to every young ones that we meet for them to grow up to be better people and for them to have a better future.


-Contributor, Mariecon Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment